Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Birthday!

I had a GREAT birthday! We went to the zoo and the aquarium in the zoo. It was lots of fun! We woke up late (it was on a Saturday) and got ready for the day. Dad had to do some preparing for his class he had to teach that afternoon, so we waited around for awhile before we set off for the zoo. He had to teach class on a Saturday because all of China had a break for two weeks for the Mid-Autumn Festival, or the Moon Festival. If the students get a holiday, they have to make it up on the weekend! I feel bad for them! After that, we headed for the zoo!

The Aquarium:
The turtles right before feeding time.

The shark tank had a turtle in it!


These guys are working with beluga whales! The beluga
whale is the smallest type of whale.


The Dolphins!
The Zoo:
This monkey is begging for food! And I have a feeling
he usually gets it. :)

The Panda bear! (sorry for the blurriness, he/she
wouldn't hold still!)

This elephant came right over by the ravine that
separated us from him!

Two-headed giraffe! :)

I felt bad for this bear. He was pacing, which is typical
caged animal behavior.



And of course, presents.


Yep, those are chicken feet in the middle. Thanks Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are some big turtles! I'm glad you had a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete