Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Loving Life!

Hi Everyone!
We are having some trouble with our VPN so I couldn't get onto my blog for awhile! We have a VPN that works most of the time now so I should be able to keep up on my blogging. Just know that if I don't post anything for a long time, it's because we are having trouble again.
We are enjoying China a lot! We live on the campus of South China Normal University, the college Dad teaches at. To get here, we had to fly from Idaho Falls to Salt Lake, from Salt Lake to LA, then from LA to Guangzhou. All in all, about 18 hours. Here are some pics from the trip so far.
11:00 pm dinner at the airport. Bread and juice, yum!

Tia with the Chinese version of a cupcake.(Bread in a cup)

The roof of our building.


Our stove

So that is just some of what we've been doing. I will post more later!








3 comments:

  1. I hope you get this comment. Loved to get the email from your Mom and love to keep up on what all of you are doing. I just got home last night (Thurs 6th) from my cruise and land tour in Alaska. It was sooooo fun and I'm soooo having withdrawals. I guess that's the price you pay for having such a good time. Love to all of you --- and keep posting please. Sister Nye (and most Chinese pronouce it NEE --- so maybe Nye is a Chinese name after all(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roof looks pretty cool! I'm glad you all survived such a long flight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stove --- reminds me of when we were in Logan going to USU --- and we cooked on a hotplate and baked in a roaster oven --- that you would cook a turkey in.
    Glad you are having a great experience.

    ReplyDelete