Sunday, September 9, 2012

Beijing part one: The Great Wall!

I thought you all might be interested in our trip to Beijing! I will split it into 2 parts. Here we go!

After we got to Guangzhou, we stayed in our apartment for a few nights, then we flew to Beijing for orientation. We went early so that we could do some sightseeing. The main thing we did was go hike a section of the Great Wall! It was amazing! The view was beautiful! We were VERY hot! You ride a chairlift up to the Great Wall, then ride a toboggan down! (If you want) We had fun doing that! Tia was carsick on the way up, but as we were walking by the shops full of souvenirs, Dad says we can get something on the way back. Suddenly we have miss perky turkey over here, chattering about what she is going to get. (She got a parasol and a fan.) We had a great time! Here are the some of the pics I took.

Us on the Great Wall!

An old cannon on the Great Wall
Mom,  Dad, and Tia in one of the guard towers
One of the vendors had his donkey with him! It was
standing next to the Wall. I think it carries the vendors
stuff for him

A guard tower on the wall
(sorry for the sideways pic, I don't know how to turn it.)

This is one of the many vendors on the Great Wall.
There is one outside of almost all the guard towers.


Tia and Dad in the chairlift on our way up.
The beginning of the toboggan track.

The beautiful view!
(another sideways one! Sorry)

Well, thats all I have to say about the Great Wall.  We had a great
time and it was a great experience! I will be back with part 2 later!
























6 comments:

  1. What a cool experience to be able to see such an amazing land mark! I'm glad you guys are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, How exciting to see the Great Wall. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. What an awesome experience. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jena it's great to see you are doing well, and having a real adventure! I have been thinking about you!! I heard there were some earthquakes in China. I wasn't sure if that was close to you I need to do some research! We miss you, but are glad you get to have such a neat experience! Love, Sis. Yeaman PS to your mom we miss her alto voice! We are singing Distant Lands and it reminds me of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh jenna looks like an adventure for sure!!! I didn't get to tell you and your mom how much I loved, loved, loved your song you shared with us on your last Sunday here!!!! I will never forget the days I was blessed to get to do that same thing with my dad all the time. I miss those days!!! So cherish these days with your mom and thanks for sharing your talent and love for music!!!
    MISS TIA!!!!! I miss your cute face!!! I hope your having tons of fun!!! Do you have an address so I can send you a letter? Stay safe and I am thinking of you!!!
    You both need to learn "I am a child of God" in chinese so you can sing it for me...and then I will sing it to you I portugese :)
    Love Sister Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to see pictures of your adventures --- keep posting please. Missing all four of you --- love you
    Sister Nye

    ReplyDelete